4-8 Weeks Before Your Event
- Give me a call or send an email to inform me about your event and obtain support materials including information packets.
- Decide on your venue. You can host the event at your house, have a brown bag lunch in your office or meet at your library, school or community center.
- Create a guest list for invitations and for follow up after event.
- Design and print or email your invitations. You may also want to use your email or a website such as Evite.
- Send a “Save the Date” email to everyone on your guest list – it can help increase turn out at your event.
2-4 Weeks Before Your Event
- Mail and/or email invitations.
- Plan for food or drink. This can be a simple as tea and cookies or potluck, or as elaborate as you would like. World Hoop Day can provide you with a tax receipt for any food you purchase for the event or for any food donated.
One Week Before Your Event
- Send a reminder email – I can provide a link for donations to include in your email and can send donation amounts made for your event.
- If you need more brochures, you can print more from here!
The Event Schedule Below is a sample schedule for you to review and adapt to what is appropriate for your event.
Sample Event: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
6:30 – 7:00 PM Guests arrive and mingle
- Serve appetizers and drinks
- Display the enclosed sign up sheet for guests to provide their contact information and receive more information about World Hoop Day. Print as many sign-in sheets as you will need depending on the number of guests.
7:00 – 8:00 PM Discussion of World Hoop Day, what it is and how it helps so many children across the world
- Thank guests for coming and tell your story about how you became involved with World Hoop Day. For more information on World Hoop Day check out our talking points.
- Show World Hoop Day Videos.
- You may also want to read some of the Ambassador Stories and take turns reading them out loud to give people a better idea of what it feels like to give hoops to children in need.
- Following your discussion, provide ideas about how you and your guests can get involved with World Hoop Day. Some ideas are:
- Sponsor an Ambassador’s trip for $150
- Support children around the world for $25 per month
- Make a one time donation to support our program
- Make a donation in honor of someone
8:00 – 8:30 PM Event Wrap Up
- Encourage your guests to sign up to sponsor an Ambassador or make a donation before they leave if possible. You may want to have a specific ask, i.e.everyone gives $20 or you may want to create a group goal for the event. They can also sign up to receive more information and take any materials home with them.
- If your guests want to make donations, please make sure to collect all of the donors’ contact information so World Hoop Day can send them a tax receipt and a thank you message. You can send the donations to us in an envelope at the address below.
- If your guests write a check, make sure they are in US dollars and are payable to World Hoop Day. Credit card donations can be made using Google Checkout or PayPal on the home page.
Remember – you should format the event to what’s the most applicable to your community and guests.
Event Follow Up
- Send all donations you collected in an envelope to the following address:
World Hoop DayAttn:Events465 Esplanade Avenue, Suite 2Pacifica, CA 94044
- Be sure to include:
- Any donations you collected. Please provide all contact information for any donors who attended the event. World Hoop Day will update everyone who signed up at your event to receive information on our programs and will send a tax receipt and thank you letter to those who made donations.
- If there is anyone who needs a special acknowledgment, such as a local vendor who may have donated food for the event let me know so we can thank them as well.
- Your sign up sheets
- Any unused materials
- Send a personal thank you to your guests
Once again I would like to thank you for hosting your special event and for informing your community of what’s happening to the health of children in need. Your time and effort are truly appreciated. Together we can make a difference in the lives of at risk youth and their families.